[mythtv-users] "Feature Idea - P2P" Bad Idea

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Wed Jul 6 23:40:34 EDT 2005

Nick Rout wrote:
> If you want to share programs you have recorded with myth, do so outside
> the immediate myth environment.

exactly ... does it really need to be integrated?  up until now it
really hasn't, and it works just fine with movies/shows downloaded via
bittorrent (not that i'd know, of course ;) ...)

if people really want to do that, they can fire up azureus, bitcomet,
bit tornado, or any of the other many, many, many bittorrent clients and
still use myth to view/organize them

> I know that bittorrent has many legal uses. IMHO adding it in to mythtv
> would only serve bt's detractors.

exactly, it's playing with fire ... sure, nothing may ever come of it,
but i'm sure any developer wouldn't want to fork out the cash for a
lawyer when it wasn't their idea in the first place ...

-g-