AW: [mythtv-users] Problems with EPG

pschormeir at pschormeir at
Tue Jul 5 04:53:13 EDT 2005

Hi Mattia!

I'm also using the Nova-s-CI and I'm from Europe (which seems to play a
role). I've had the same problem

Solution :
There is a piece of code in siparser.cpp which seems to break the program
guide under certain circumstances. (first found by Kristian Kalweit) The
problem was solved by commenting out some lines of code in this file (just
search for Kalweit in /libs/libmythtv/siparser.cpp and you will end up at
the critical point)
After recompiling the altered source code, the EPG is working like a charm.

Hope this helps

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at]Im Auftrag von Mattia Martinello
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. Juli 2005 08:59
An: Discussion about mythtv
Betreff: [mythtv-users] Problems with EPG

I'm using MythTV 0.18.1 with an Hauppauge WinTV Nova CI dvb-s card, and
I can watch digital sat channels.
How I can get the Program Guide to use the EPG data?
At the time I can't see EPG data anymore, in the Program Guide nor in
the "now watching" window.
I'm using the Hotbird satellites.

I compiled MythTV with the following command:
./configure --enable-dvb --dvb-path=/usr/include --enable-dvb-eit

Is there anyone that could help me, please?

Thank you very much!