[mythtv-users] Cutpoints delayed & bad commercial flagging

Matthew Carle matthew_carle at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 22:51:10 EDT 2005

I usually put cutpoints into a movie before I watch it so I can just let it
run (I don't transcode). The problem is that it always plays about 10
seconds after the "delete after this point" cutpoints. The "delete before
this point" cutpoints don't appear to have the problem (certainly not to the
same degree - I havn't noticed it).

I have also tried a transcode which also results in the delay.

Is this a software limitation or is something not working right?

I also have another issue which may be related. Commercial flagging nearly
always detects commercials as starting and ending too early (averaging 20-30
seconds). I don't think I've ever seen a commercial break flagged correctly.
Is this normal? I am using the "all" method of flagging.

The TV source is a DVB card and is hence in mpeg-2. I am in Australia and
using MythTV 0.18.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew.