[mythtv-users] mythmusic on frontend or backend?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 1 00:05:56 EDT 2005

Sameer Verma wrote:

>I am looking for pointers to a document that can explain config. of
>mythmusic across a backend and a frontend on two different machines.
>Most of the info I find assumes that the frontend and backend are on
>the same box.
>
>I am assuming that just like with mythtv, I should be able to host
>music on the backend and then stream it to the frontend...Any help
>would be great!

MythMusic is a frontend-only plugin.  There's no backend component of
it, so it must have "local" access to the music files.  The files may be
on a network share (NFS or Samba).

The streaming idea you want is currently in the works in the form of mfd
and mfe, but they're not completely here, yet.  If you're adventurous,
you can check them out.

HTH.

Mike