[mythtv-users] Re: Re: mythstream won't stream

Chase Douglas cndougla at purdue.edu
Mon Jan 31 19:00:16 EST 2005

jebel:

My primary tuner card is a pvr 350. My recordings are mostly of default quality,
which first encodes as MPEG2, and then transcodes to the MPEG4 format using
mythtv's built in transcoder. If I try to stream either a new recording which
hasn't been transcoded, or a transcoded version of another recording, I get the
garbage at input error.

Your diagnosis of nuppelvideo files not working is correct. I tried streaming an
avi file, and it worked very nicely. How can I get vlc, and therefore
mythstreamtv, to work in my setup?

Thanks