[mythtv-users] MythTV with SELinux (esp. MythWeb)

Christopher McEwan christopher.mcewan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 07:48:43 EST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:35:42 -0800 (PST), Joe Votour <joevph at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It probably doesn't help you out too much now, but
> Jarod's FC3 document mentions that there will be
> problems with enabling SELinux.
>
> I'm using FC3 with SELinux disabled, and the only
> problem that I'm having (currently, I went through an
> issue with my intel8x0 not working, so I replaced it
> with a SoundBlaster Live) is that mythfrontend won't
> run SUID (apparently a known issue with newer
> kernels).
>
> -- Joe
>
> --- Harry Orenstein <holists at v92net.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there anyone out there with SELinux enabled on
> > their Myth system?  I am
> > running a combined frontend/backend on FC3 with
> > SELinux enabled (for no
> > particular reason) using the targeted policy and had
> > alot of problems getting
> > MythWeb to work.  I also have had problems after
> > upgrades on some packages.
> > I'm really just interested if anyone leaves SELinux
> > enabled or if people just
> > punt and turn it off.
> >
> > TIA!
> >

> > -- Harry O.

I disabled it, its only getting used by a few people and other than a
couple ports is completly firewalled from the net. As much as I would
hate to have to re-do my system I dont consider it mission critical,
and the benefits of turning off selinux outweighed the benifits of
keeping it on.

--
Regards,

~CM