[mythtv-users] LIRC question: irw works, mythtv does nothing

Andy Long andymyth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:15:26 EST 2005

It should be in ~/.mythtv/lircrc   Delete the other file out of there
to avoid confusion.

It seems that you might have the wrong prog listed.  For example, my
Channel Up looks as follows:

begin
     prog = mythtv
     button = CH+
     repeat = 4
     config = Up
end

I'm unsure about your remote (what brand is it?), but I would try to
make your channel up looks as follows and see what happens (you'll
probably want to reboot after making the change just to be sure it
holds).

begin
     prog = mythtv
     button = ChannelUp
     repeat = 3
     config = Key Up CurrentWindow
end

(on the "config =" part, you may change it to just say "Key Up" or
even just "Up" too and see what happens).  I would just try changing
it to "prog = mythtv" first and seeing if that fixes it.  If so, just
make those changes as necessary in your lircrc file.