[mythtv-users] Sound from DVD and Transcoded Recordings Doesn'tWork

Alex Harford harford at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:46:39 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:10:05 -0600, Matt Mencel <mr-mencel at wiu.edu> wrote:
> Thanks Will...
>
> Well that cleared up a few things then.  I'm using the tuner input on the
> PVR so the line-in on the PVR should be left empty.  I do have a cable
> running from the DVD to the sound card...I guess I just need to go out the
> sound card into the AUX in on my stereo receiver.  Wish I could have
> everything (video & audio) all going into the same thing (TV).  I'll give
> this a try and see how it goes.

Matt, you need to take the output from your PVR-350 and pipe it back
in to your soundcard's line-in.

Then your soundcard output goes to your TV.

Depending on your cables, you'll need to get 2 cables, stereo minijack
to RCA male to connect to the PVR-350 outputs, and a stereo minijack
to male/female depending on how it connects to your TV, if you have
male/male extension cords etc.

Alex