[mythtv-users] Loading IVTV problems with PVR-350

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:37:32 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:53:24 -0500, James Olsovsky
<james.olsovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm somewhat new to Linux and am undertaking loading Mythtv.  But I
> seem to be having issues while loading IVTV.  I'm following the step
> by steps from wilson.net and seem to be coming up short.
>
> I run this series of commands
>
> Edit /etc/apt/sources.list, changing at-stable to at-testing,
>            This works fine.
> #apt-get update
>           This works fine.
>
> #apt-get install ivtv-firmware
>           This works fine.
> # apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-$KVER
>        This is the error I get at this command.
>           Reading Package Lists... Done
>           Building Dependency Tree... Done
>           Couldn't find package ivtv-kmdl-2.6.9-1.724_FC3

Chances are the kernel module you are trying to load is too old to be
up on the site any more. I'm running 2.6.10-741 (something like that).
It seems to work fine (I've only been installed since yesterday). Up
grade your Kernel and try again. I recomend using synaptic for the
kernel upgrade because the 2.6.10-741 kernel is not on atrpms yet.

try that and see where you get.

I'll save you some trouble and let you know my capture card did
nothing for me until I addded a line in the modprobe.conf adding an
alias to the tveeprom and pointing it to tveeprom-ivtv

it went something like
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv

right after the load ivtv alias lines. My symptom was getting only
static on all channels. Hope all this helps.

John Williams