[mythtv-users] Recommended Flavour

d gleba dgleba at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 22 20:39:32 EST 2005

Cecil Watson wrote:

> Why may such a statement?  It seems as if you stating that KnoppMyth
> is deficient in some way when compared to MythTV installed on another
> distro.  The point of KnoppMyth is to get a PVR up and running in the
> easiest/quickest/best (IMHO) manner possible.  KnoppMyth will do a
> major install, it will wipe hda clean, install Linux, all of MythTV's
> deps, MythTV and all modules (less MythBrowser and MythPhone), Samba,
> NFS, motion, mplayer and then some...  Seems pretty major to me
> (speaking as a proud (if not somewhat defensive) parent).

I used knoppmyth and wanted konqueror 3.2. and other proggies. I
apt-getted it and many things broke.

The only way I know to recover from this is to restore the tar backup I
wisely made just before this endevour.

I broke it and restored many times, and then embarked on adding myth to
Mepis. Knoppmyth is great, but I couldn't successfully add what I wanted.

David