[mythtv-users] Recommended Flavour

Andy Long andymyth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 22:03:03 EST 2005

"> Why may such a statement?"

I certainly meant no offense by it.  However, the user's email was
primarily concerned with using one of several Fedora distros,
mandrake, or debian (ya, i know knopp is built from it).  I was
suggesting that if he desires to use one of these, he might try
knoppmyth before going with a full blown install to get comfortable
with the features of mythtv, and then either keep knoppmyth or go with
one of the OS's he suggested wanting to use.  Or maybe he'll decide
mythtv isn't for him.  Point being is Knoppmyth represents a low time
commitment for a system to get up and running, not something that is
"inferior" as you suggest I implied.

I have used knoppmyth, and it's just fine.  I didn't mean to imply
inferiority or cause feather ruffling.  If it works great for you and
every other person, then fantastic.  However, he either didn't know
about it or purposefully left it off the list, and I was suggesting he
try knoppmyth and then maybe he could make a determination based on
his experiences and comfort level with the distro of his choosing, be
it Knopp or something else.