[mythtv-users] nuvexport mpeg problems -- fixed?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jan 20 02:25:48 EST 2005

Ok, I've switched from using tcprobe and/or mpgtx to using mplayer for
pulling info about mpeg2 files.  This should hopefully solve the rash of
transcode-related detection problems that people were having with dvb
and some pvr-x50 files.

Please note that transcode-based exporters (that's most of them until I
get time to port them to ffmpeg) will still likely not work (someone --
one or two at the most -- post to the mailing list if this is the case).
However, changing is_mpeg to 0 (line 124 of nuvinfo.pm) will at least
give you a usable workaround if transcode can't deal with the files.

and I *will* be switching most modules over to ffmpeg when I have the time.

As usual, the files are in myth cvs and at:

http://forevermore.net/files/nuvexport/

-Chris

Please also note that mythtv allows for a "system" type of mpeg stream.
  I couldn't find an example of this to get the correct output from
mplayer, so if by some chance you have this kind of file, you'll get a
bunch of data output along with a note to email it to me.  Once I get
this info, I'll be able to update nuvexport to properly recognize the
file format.