[mythtv-users] PVR-350 & X (not working)

Nick pvr at insidethex.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 04:07:12 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frutillar" <frutillar at comcast.net>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] PVR-350 & X (not working)

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 01:41 am, Nick wrote:
> Try BusID "0:20:0" as the X driver I think needs the BusID specified in
> decimal notation, and not hex (a parser issue - atypical I think).
>
> Let us know how you fare.
>
> Nick

>That was it!!  I can see part of X on the TV now!  So it seems that the
>instructions for this line in the XF86Config were wrong.  You are NOT
>supposed to use 0x... but rather just the decimal equivalent.  Thanks for
the
>tip!!

I *think* this may apply to the IVTVDEV X driver only (seems like a rather
large mistake otherwise ...)

>1)  I can only see part of my desktop on the TV.  There is a border all
around
>which is not being shown... like my desktop is bigger than the TV.  How can
>fix that?

We wait until the 350's overscan is controllable - run Myth in a window or
without KDE to try and get around this problem.

>2)  I started MythTV to see how it looked and it looks Ok (not great) and
he
>KDE panel is visible on top of everything else.  I donīt see this when
trying
>MythTV on my monitor (ie not the TV).  What am I doing wrong?

Because the desktop is much smaller at 720x480 the panel takes up more
space. Following on from the reply to your messages about running in a
window, right above that is the info:

2.0. Fire up kcontrol:
2.0.1. Go to Desktop->Panels->Hiding

2.0.1. Set "Hide Mode" to "Allow other windows to cover the panel"

This should sort things out. Other things to look at are focus issues if
using other Myth modules and focus is not returned to MythTV afterwards. You
can search for how to resolve this on the list (asked often)

Cheers,
Nick