[mythtv-users] PVR350

BO PP netbopp at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:09:25 EST 2005

> > Hello.
> >
> > System info:
> > -SuSE 9.1 (2.6.5-7.111.5-default)
> > -MythTV 0.16.20040906-1
> > -frontend and backend both runing on same computer
> > -1 PVR350
> > -ivtv 0.2.0-rc3d
> > -living in pal-land
> >

> > I'm trying to use my PVR350 card.  The first problem, and most annoying
> > one,
> > is that mythtv isn't able to change channels!  I've tried to make a
>script
> > "setchannel", which just holds:
> > ptune.pl --f pal-europe -c $1
> > ...which works just fine from command-prompt, but not at all from mythtv
> > (how should the syntaxt in the "external channel change"-field look
> > like?).
> >
>For the 350 you don't use a channel change program. You just set up the
>frequencies properly in the channel setup.

Just for clearing things up, the reason why I even mentioned something about
the "external channel change" is that I wasn't able to change channels in
the first place.  I've set up xmltv retrieving my channels, and mapping them
correctly.  I tried to use a plain Hauppauge-card on the same machine before
the 350, then I could change channels, now I can't (but with the old card
and the lack of HW support I wasn't able to watch tv at all).  It looks like
something is going on when trying to change channel, the stream stops for 1
sec, but return to the same channel.  I have this issue both in livetv-mode
and in record-mode (which points out that I'm not really able to use the
recorder as intended).

> > Also, since running on an old computer, I would like to use the tv-out
> > from
> > my pvr.  Not a  problem at all, just tick of the flag that I want to use
> > HW
> > for playback.  Nice.  But this is obiously only working for tv-output
> > (with
> > the info-overlay).  First of all, is there some way that I can adjust
> > where
> > on the screen the overlay-info is put?  This is scaled to big for my
> > screen
> > such that I can't read what mythtv tries to tell me.  The next problem,
> > and
> > reason why I maybe should crosspost this message, I'm not able at all to
> > start x running on the fbdev.  X starts, but not showing anything on my
>tv
> > :(
> >

>You should take this to the ivtv-dev list.
>Best starting point would be to post the (appropriate) output in your
>messages file and the X log file and probably the X config file. From there
>we can make a start to work out what is wrong.

Hmm, somehow, don't know how, I was able to run X on my fb...

>What version of the ivtvdev driver are you using? I would recommend the 0.8
>version which I posted to ivtv-dev mailing list a week or 2 ago. It will
>make debugging this easier.

Tried to download the driver found here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ivtv-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00721.html
...not valid archive is the message I get :(

That's the reason why I use the driver found on this site:
http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/

>John

As I said, not sure how, but suddently I got it working.  My problem now is
that the image suffers from a lot of overscan!  On the hor. line, which
should run from 0-720 on the "Kruler", I'm only able to see from 60-680.
It's something like that on my vertical line as well.  Just for the record,
this is not dependent on the overscan-setting in mythtv, as it appear long
before mythtv is even started.  How can I get rid of this overscan?

BOPP