[mythtv-users] Skipping adverts in UK using DVB-T - supported ?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Jan 18 02:38:44 EST 2005

> At times, it seems great (I don't skip the commercials when watching
> becuase I forgot what key it is and always forget to check), but it
> often comes up at the right place with a notification that there is a
> 3 minute commercial or whatever.
>
> I would never enable it to cut commercials automagically though, as I
> am sure I would regret it really quickly.
>
> To be short, it is prolly about 30% accurate is my guess.

Instead of replying to a bunch of posts from this thread, I'm replying
to a couple things in this post.

There is an undocumented setting that's been in the commercial detection
code for a while called CommBorder.  It was originally set at 10, but
I bumped it up to 20 with my latest commit.  This setting controls the
border around the video frame that is ignored by the commercial detection
code for blank-frame, logo, and scene-change detection.

I also just committed some big changes to CVS reguarding commercial
detection.  I added a new "all" method that I'm hoping to get some
feedback on to see if it works better for people.  Full changes are
described in the commit log so I won't repeat them here.  Here's a link
to the log:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2005-January/004820.html

--

Chris