[mythtv-users] Sound card recommendations please

Larry Silverman cerulean47 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 16:49:13 EST 2005

I've been unsuccessful getting three different old soundcards working
with my bt878 card.  They were:
Onboard CM8738 (locked machine up)
Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+ (emu10k1) - Bizarre mix bus implementation
makes it impossible to record successfully w/MythTV.
AOpen CM8738 - Apparently too old for full duplex recording, aplay
/dev/dsp just gives 8-bit, 8000Hz, mono noise.

I'm requesting recommendations for a good, cheap sound card from which
I can record via analog line-in from a bt878 card.
I'd like to buy from NewEgg or Mwave if possible.
Willing to spend $30-$40.

Suggestions?

Many thanks,
Larry