[mythtv-users] Remote frontend can connect to mysql database,nothing else can.

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Jan 16 16:37:09 EST 2005

>>> davedog at mac.com 1/16/2005 4:13:45 PM >>>

<large snippage>

>Couldn't open database
>Unable to connect to database!
>Driver error was [1/1045]:
>QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
>Database error was:
>Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)

Looks like someone forgot something...

>The mythtv user hass all privs in mysql and mysql.txt looks like
>
>DBHostName=localhost
>DBUserName=mythtv
>DBPassword=I_have_the_correct_password_here
>DBName=mythconverg

<more large snippage>

You need to change the DBHostName=xxxxxxxx
where the xxxxxxx is the name or ip address of
your master backend.  I'd suggest ip, but I did
have it working with a name too.  Works great
until dns server goes down.  It also works if you
put the master backend server name/ip in the front
end /etc/hosts file.

Paul