[mythtv-users] Some Xbox questions: install Myth native, partitioning ???

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 14:14:42 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:01:54 -0700, Marty Mastera <marty at m3resources.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a 1.6 Xbox with Xecuter 3 chip installed with a 300GB HD.  I'm
> looking for a way to manually partition the drive to my liking.  My bios
> only gives me a couple of options (give F: the rest of the drive, or F:
> up to 137GB and G: the rest).  My goal is to use F: for game rips and
> leave some free space on the drive to install Myth native.  I only need
> a small portion of the drive for the Myth frontend (10 GB maybe???) and
> I want to give the F: game rip partition the majority of the space.  I
> need a flexible way to partition the drive to accomplish this.

you'd be better off taking this topic to:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/forums since asking How-To's for an XBox is
a bit off-topic here. :)

in attempt to answer your question; partition F: and G:.  use F: for
your backups and G: for Linux/Myth.  i'm not sure how much control you
have over sizing those two partitions as i think that's decided by the
chip/bios you're using or the dashboard you have installed.