[mythtv-users] [OT] Fedora Core 3 and G. Ethernet (Marvell 88E8050)

Frank Baylee fb99999 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 13:16:41 EST 2005

Well, it's been an adventure, but so far, no luck. I have a few bookmarks
with some good information (sorry, don't have them handy, I'm at work now),
as well as more knowledge of Linux than I had bargained for :)

What I have discovered is that many people are having the same problem. Some
have been able to install the Marvell driver found here:

http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverDisplay.do?dId=107&pId=10

Others have not had as much luck.

Right now my system is rather horked up (I now know enough to really mess
stuff up), so this weekend I am planning on reinstalling and trying out some
of the things I have found in my bookmarks. I will post my notes! I am
determined to get the driver installed, and to understand the process well
enough to repeat it reliably. Stay tuned, I will post my progress sometime
this weekend (or Monday if no sucess).

Also, to make getting source rpms and driver packages easier, I dropped in an
old 3Com 10/100 card I fished out of the junk bin. FC3 recognized it, and
this would probably be good enough, except that (a) I would like to use the
PCI slot for something else, and (b) I certainly don't want to admit defeat -
"Never give in and never give up".