[mythtv-users] MythPhone causes mythfrontend to lock??

Jim Kusznir jim at kusznir.net
Wed Jan 12 18:57:27 EST 2005

Paul Volkaerts wrote:

>Jim;
>
>I just added a loopback mode to Mythphone; could you try this when you get a
>chance?  You just hit "L" within Mythphone and rather than place a call it
>loops audio/video either at the local socket or at the NAT device (you need
>port-forwarding set on your NAT device for this to work). It allows you to
>test that the H.263 and RTP is running fine without worrying about network
>issues.
>
>Paul

Sorry for the delay; I've been traveling.

Unfortunately, I no longer have physical access to my myth system.  I
set it up for my parents, and have gone back home after the holidy
season.  (I was envisioning using this to communicate with them after
moving home.)

I still have terminal access, and can periodically have my parents try
stuff out on the box, but there will usually be long delays between tests.

Thanks again for your development efforts, and a package that's still
pretty useful!

--Jim