[mythtv-users] RE: mythphone questions

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Sun Jan 2 06:35:48 EST 2005

> I found an old webcam (D-Link DSB-C100 CPiA chipset), but I this message
> when I fire-up mythphone
>
> Webcam does not support YUV420P, YUV422P, or RGB24 modes; these are the
> ony ones currently supported. Closing webcam.

There are lots of different webcam formats and I added support in for each
as I found a webcam that needed it. Things like xawtv support everything. If
you tell me what format your webcam supports I will add it in but I don't
want to add in formats without an ability to test them. You can probably
tell by using a program such as camstream; or searching for information on
the driver.

> Also, I don't think this is mythphone related, but I can't get my mic
> working. On my main soundcard (SB Audigy) I can hear the mic through the
> speakers, but in the setup it says I can't use the same sound device for
> the mic. I plugged it into my onboard mic port, but I don't get any
> sound. Both /dev/dsp0 & 1 are chmoded 666. Anybody have any ideas?

Its not that you "can't" use the same audio device for mic and speaker, its
just that I have never tried it, but I'm pretty sure I coded it.