[mythtv-users] Talking to more than one backend

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Jan 9 23:26:53 EST 2005

Brad Templeton wrote:

> Right, but how do you get it to connect to the database server on
> other than port 3306?  Is there an undocumented field in mysql.txt
> to set that?

Not the application's business. That is the mysql server and
client libraries. The my.cnf files (usually /etc/mysql/my.cnf )
has a [client] section and a [mysqld] section. These would need
to agree at both ends.

> Remember that when connecting to a remote database over an ssh tunnel,
> you will not be on port 3306.   Well, not if that port is already in
> use on your own system, which it is.

Not sure what you mean. A listener on foo:3306 is different
than one on bar:3306. How would you connect to another web
server over an ssh tunnel if you were using port 80 for a
web server on your own host?

--  bjm