[mythtv-users] Still using 0.15- upgrade to 0.16 or wait for 0.17?

Garry Gibson garry.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:45:02 EST 2005

> I never upgraded to 0.16, but am itching for some of the features it offers.
> Should I go ahead and make the plunge, or should I wait for 0.17?
>

> I figured I'd wait, but then I thought there might be some
> issues/incompatibilities moving directly from 0.15 to 0.17.
>

> Any recos?

Hi..

I take a cautious view of upgrading too, mainly due to the WAF (Wife
Acceptance Factor) of our fully working Myth setup.

Having said that, we are using the latest release without any issue.

All upgrades since my first install (0.10) have simply been a case of
downloading the new source, setting the QT path correctly, then
compiling. Never had any real problems.

The only potential issue I can see with upgrading from .15 would be in
the database area, but that's all taken care of automatically when you
first run the new version.

I'd say take the plunge.. Any issues you come across will most likely
have been encountered and solved already. And if not, you get to be a
pioneer :-)

Regards,

Garry