[mythtv-users] Setting up MythTV in a wierd way ...

M. Barnabas Luntzel mark at luntzel.com
Thu Jan 6 10:15:52 EST 2005

before you get too deep in this, and maybe I dont know about sun blades
(definitely dont know much) but is this a sun machine with SPARC
processor(s)? Has anybody installed this mess on a sun sparc, maybe
sparc linux (solaris seems unlikely)? if there are success stories of
mythtv on sun hardware, I will be pleasantly surprised.

then again maybe you just want to process the video files on this box.
still do not see how you'll get this stuff to run. under x86 emulation,
its going to be dog ass slow (which is pretty slow).