[mythtv-users] OT: Looking for Centrino or pentium-m dekstop mobos ?

Simon Williams ultim8fury at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:03:17 EST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:20:11 +0100, Robert Rozman <rozman at fri.uni-lj.si> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm assembling new Misterhouse/mythtv/asterisk/motion/whole house
> audio/video server machine and would like to take some advice. Since this
> will be 24hr running machine I'd like to achieve that with low power as much
> as reasonably possible.
>
> I know there are some industrial pentium-m mobos, but am curious if there
> are any desktop consumer variants ?
>
> I'm interested in other low power, CPU-speed scalable solutions (more in low
> cost class)...

There is a consumer based pentium-m board available. I saw it
mentioned in this months Custom-PC magazine.

Its only a microATX board.

Details:

Aopen i855GMEm-LFS

Chipset : intel 855GME
CPU support: Intel Socket 478 Pentium-M processors
Memory support: 2 slots max @GB DDR (pc2700)
Expansion: 1 AGP 4x slot, 3 PCI slots
Sound : AC97 codec via realtek ALC655 with 6 channel support
Networking: 2x Marvell gigabit ethernet
Overclocking: multiplier change
Ports: 2x Sata, 2x EIDE, floppy
           2x ps/2, parallel, 4x usb2,