[mythtv-users] Gentoo and CVS

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:22:22 EST 2005

Hi,

a couple of days ago, I asked about which Fedora Core version to use
with MythTV and DVB and promptly received an answer. Thanks for that.

After doing some more research I now lean towards using Gentoo instead:

http://tinyurl.com/4lxdb makes it sound a bit easier to look out for
all the dependencies than doing everything by hand and the install
guide for Gentoo - while a bit intimidating - looks like the right mix
of geekiness and ease-of-use for me. :-)

I'm wondering, however, how well Gentoo plays with CVS versions: If I
decide later on to grab a CVS version of MyhTV, would I be able to go
back to using one from the portage tree if I wanted to, or would that
be as difficult as trying to mix installs from most of the binary
package managers with manual compiles?

Thanks any insight.

Jens