[mythtv-users] Re: Re: Removable media browser?

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Thu Jan 6 09:19:32 EST 2005

I think, judging from the number of responses, that this is an area
of Myth that could use some "polishing" - as originally suggested by
trejje.

Thanks, everyone, for the ideas regarding my particular situation.
I've tried all of them at some point and I'm still not able to browse
discs, even with the settings suggested by Leo (which I already had
set). I am able to play DVDs in Myth (Xine) and now, after fiddling
with fstab, seem to be able to mount dvd data discs from the
terminal.  Do I have to have an auto-mount setup somehow? If so, will
that mess up MythTV when playing normal DVDs through Xine?

Here's the contents of my fstab:
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=/store            /store                  ext3    defaults        1 2
LABEL=/video            /video                  ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/hda5               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/dvd                /mnt/dvd                udf,iso9660
noauto,users,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

This is MythTV .16, FC1, and the drive is a DVD +-RW, if that matters... ;-)

Actually, I just figured out that I don't have mtd running... maybe
its related? However, when I try to get mtd to auto start at boot (by
adding "mtd -d" to the rc.local file), my system locks up if I put a
dvd in.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!  ;-)