[mythtv-users] bad HDTV playback with new ffmpeg

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Jan 6 08:00:25 EST 2005

>>> My playback of this clip is definitely weird... playback speed seems
>>> to oscillate about 2 times a second.  Deinterlacing or not doesn't
>>> seem to make much of a difference.
>>

>> Thank you for the confirmation.
>>
>> So, I guess I just happen to be the only one with a local affiliate
>> broadcasting ATSC that's confusing the myth player.  Wonderful. :/
>

> Well I don't think it's just HDTV because I get this too ever since I
> upgraded to current CVS, and I'm running a PVR350. Video going fast
> and slow, sound skipping like mad...basically unwatchable. Still
> trying to nail it down...the suggestion of backing libavcodec back
> down to the 12/24 version didn't seem to help me either.

I have the same problem since updating a few days ago. HDTV playback is
not smooth. Does not jump around much, just slows down briefly. I get
Prebuffer Pauses in the log when it happens. I tried the 12/24 version
of the libavcodec tree but that did not help. Using a P4 3G HT with 1Gig
memory and NVidia.

- James