[mythtv-users] Re: Does transcoding remove commercials?

Jonathan Huizingh jhuizingh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:04:47 EST 2005

My question seems to be along the same lines as that of the thread, as
far as learning how transcoding works.

I have a pvr250 and would like to automatically transcode every
recording after it is finished to mpeg4 for smaller file sizes.  I
think this can be done, but I'm not positive.  There are a number of
checkboxes for performing the transcode, and I'm not sure which is
correct.

Under the "MPEG-2 Encoders (PVR-250, PVR-350)" group, in the default
setting there is a checkbox to "automatically transcode after
recording".

In the Transcoders group in the "From MPEG-2" there is also a checkbox
to "automatically transcode after recording".

Do I need to check both of these or just one.  If it's only one, which
one is it?  I'm having a little bit of trouble following the
documentation here, can anybody else advise?