[mythtv-users] Fail-safe power up

John Johnson johnatl at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 18:53:24 EST 2005

I hope this is appropriate for this list. If not, please tell me where
to go :-)

I'm looking for a fail-safe way to keep my Dish receiver powered up. I
have ledxmit working on my MythPC. So far, all I've been able to find
is a POWER code to send to the receiver. This only toggles the power.
There is no POWER_ON code like some other equipment has. Right now I'm
thinking I'll have to put a photocell on the front of the box, run it
through and op-amp, and into the parallel port. I'll have to hack
something together to do an irsend when the photocell goes dark. Lots
of overhead engineering with that system. Anyone have any ideas?
Incidentally, I have a UPS, so it should hardly ever go off, but I want
to take into account the cat lying on the remote, etc.

ADVthanksANCE!

Regards,
   JJ