[mythtv-users] MythTV via S-Video OUT on PVR-350

dave_mythtv at fruzz.com dave_mythtv at fruzz.com
Sun Jan 2 18:50:44 EST 2005

On Sunday 02 Jan 2005 23:29, Jon Reynolds wrote:
> Quoting dave_mythtv at fruzz.com:
> > Simple question - just soes I know that I am not wasting my time.
> >
> > Have people got myth tv running via S-Video OUT on PVR-350 - Completely -
> > that
> > is to say - mythtv menus, playing video (mythvideo) etc
> >
> > I have spent a few weeks now - and have managed to get the framebuffer
> > working, and mythfrontend on s-video out - only to find that mplayer just
> > locks up.
> >
> > I used the mythtv player - and this only plays a very very small fraction
> > of
> >
> > my video library - I want to be able to play divx, rm, avi etc - the full
> > list that mplayer can play.
> >
> > Here is where I am at:-
> >
> > Shuttle ST61G4
> > Xserver running on built in graphics card to CRT - running mythbackend
> > Xserver running on PCR-350 - running mythfrontend
> > lirc all working
> > mythvideo installed
> > mplayer with ivtv patch compiled - still locks up with running on PVR-350
> > (gives DMA errors when run on CRT)
> >
> > Cheers
>
> I have my pvr-350 running using the RCA cables and not S-Video but I did
> have S-Video working before I switched to the cables. As for mplayer
> choking and crashing, have you checked to make sure that your command uses
> x11 instead of xv? The pvr-350 can't do accelerated X so the 'xv' will not
> work.
>
> Hope that helps,

That helps a lot - at least I know I am not wasting my time - thanks.
mplayer locks up at the line "Setting up lirc" (or words like that).

Have not tried different options yet - though the -vo was being ignored in the
mplayer-ivtv patched version I was using - currently the command I have is
simply "mplayer -fs"

What player command do you have setup in mythvideo then? and what
build/version/patch of the following do you use please:-

mplayer
ivtv

Thanks