[mythtv-users] nuvexport corrupts video

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Sun Jan 2 17:58:45 EST 2005

Has anybody else encountered problems with nuvexport?

Specifically, I run nuvexport-dvd (I have tried svcd too) and pick the show I
wish to export. It runs the transcode and produces an mpg file but when I try
and play it in mplayer the video is hideously corrupted with green bands
throughout. I have just tried an export to wmv and that went OK.

I'm running Gentoo and I have tried various versions of transcode, ffmpeg and
mjpeg from portage but to no avail. I have also tried to create a DVD
manually but avidemux2 says it can't read the nuv files. Both MythTV and
mplayer on another box can play them back flawlessly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob