[mythtv-users] Re: apt-get dist-upgrade rpm conflicts

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jan 2 04:08:01 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 03:45:22PM -0800, David Highley wrote:
> So how do we work our way out of this mess? If I try and use apt-get it
> suggests using the "-f" flag and then comes up with a list of half the
> rpms on the system to remove.

Whenever apt suggests -f (or at least 99.99% of the cases) it is
correct in that you have messed up rpm's internal dependency
consitency (by the use of --nodeps for instance).

Perhaps the solution apt is suggesting is not the best (removing all
your rpms), but it is definitely a cry for your attention. No package
manager can sanely work if the dependencies on board are already
conflicting.

Try apt-get check, perhaps that will point you to the right direction.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net