[mythtv-users] Re: problems with recordedmarkup

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Sat Jan 1 11:22:29 EST 2005

Quoting Micah Wedemeyer <fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net>:

> I'm having problems with the recordedmarkup table in the database.
>
> Something with wrong with jobqueue and recordedmarkup.  Commercials were no
> longer being flagged.  When I tried to look at the tables, I got ERRNO 1016
> or
> something like that (I can't re-create it...see below)  So, I've tried to
> trouble-shoot the problem.  Here's what has happened so far:
>
> 1. I tried re-running mythtvsetup and mythfilldatabase.  Both ran but did not
> fix the problem.
>
> 2. I tried running repair table on recordedmarkup (using the mysql shell).
> It
> just ran for about 20 minutes and did nothing (that I can tell).  I finally
> hit
> Ctrl-C and aborted everything.
>
> 3. I dropped the jobqueue table, with intent to re-create it.  I then
> attempted
> to drop the recordedmarkup table.  However, it will not drop.  The shell just
> hangs.  I can Ctrl-C and abort, but the table is causing a lot of problems
> now.
>  Any time I try to access it in any way (desc, select, drop, etc.) the mysql
> shell hangs.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Micah

OK, well I was able to finally drop the offending tables.  Now, how do I
re-create them?  I don't have any backups (yes, dumb, I know).  I do know SQL
and could run the CREATE TABLE statements, if I knew where to find them or if
someone could post them.

And, if I'm getting this correctly, `mythcommflag --rebuild` should help in
re-creating the information in the recordedmarkup table.  Anything analagous for
the jobqueue table?

Thanks,
Micah