[mythtv-users] problems with recordedmarkup

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Sat Jan 1 10:36:02 EST 2005

I'm having problems with the recordedmarkup table in the database.

Something with wrong with jobqueue and recordedmarkup.  Commercials were no
longer being flagged.  When I tried to look at the tables, I got ERRNO 1016 or
something like that (I can't re-create it...see below)  So, I've tried to
trouble-shoot the problem.  Here's what has happened so far:

1. I tried re-running mythtvsetup and mythfilldatabase.  Both ran but did not
fix the problem.

2. I tried running repair table on recordedmarkup (using the mysql shell).  It
just ran for about 20 minutes and did nothing (that I can tell).  I finally hit
Ctrl-C and aborted everything.

3. I dropped the jobqueue table, with intent to re-create it.  I then attempted
to drop the recordedmarkup table.  However, it will not drop.  The shell just
hangs.  I can Ctrl-C and abort, but the table is causing a lot of problems now.
 Any time I try to access it in any way (desc, select, drop, etc.) the mysql
shell hangs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Micah