[mythtv-users] LiveTV - blank screen only

Sarah Roberts sarah.roberts at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 23:35:45 UTC 2005

Mark,

> To the OP, can you get any output from the /dev/video16 device?  Have you
> tried the dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k test?  Do you get output
> then?  Chack this thread:
> http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/100064

I checked out that thread and followed the steps.  I am not getting
any particular output from the command line; then again, I'm not sure
of what I should be expecting.  Here's what I typed:

# rm /dev/video16
# mknod /dev/video16 c 81 16
# chmod 777 /dev/video16
# exit
$ dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k

When I finally ended it with a control-c, I got this:

26+5353 records in
26+5353 records out

Where to next?  I also verified that my video settings in setup point
to /dev/video0 and output in mythfrontend points to /dev/video16.

Thanks,
Sarah