[mythtv-users] mythweb: Invalid command php_value

Scott Minneman sminneman at myrealbox.com
Mon Feb 28 22:06:44 UTC 2005

Apologies for the newbie question, I'm new to both apache and mythtv.

I'm running Gentoo, with two WinTV Go tuners.  I've emerged mythweb and apache 2 (apache 1 is not a portage option), but when I try and access /mythweb, I get a 500 Internal Server Error.  The relevant entry in the Apache log is:

[Mon Feb 28 15:09:33 2005] [alert] [client] /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Mon Feb 28 15:09:33 2005] [error] [client] File does not exist: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/favicon.ico

It worked out-of-the-box under FC3, but other difficulties caused me to move to Gentoo.  What do I need to do to make it work?

"So please be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller and contains less potential for unexpected delirium."
--Nick Hornby, English author