[mythtv-users] gdb and Debug version of mythbackend

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Mon Feb 28 04:59:46 UTC 2005

OK, so I'm still having trouble with mythbackend terminating randomly on
me.    I've built a debug version of MythTV, but I'm having a little
trouble getting it to work properly from gdb.    I can start mythbackend
from gdb, but when I fire up mythfrontend (normally) I can't seem to
watch live TV or bring up a list of recorded programs.

If mythbackend is truly crashing, will having a debug version of it give
me any more info than the standard optimized build?  Such as a core dump
or something like that?   I don't see any core dumps with the optimized
build.

Is there something special I have to do to get mythbackend to run
properly from gdb?

thanks!

--
-WD