[mythtv-users] RE: Problem with ffwd/rwd in 0.17 recordings

Sun Feb 27 22:33:11 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I'm seeing a weird timing issue with myth.  As the recording is going
on, the length of the program, as reported by 'i', goes up very slowly,
as does the current time.  It is like the system is reporting the true
time divided by some large number.  When you skip forward or backwards,
the system skips forward the correct number of seconds in displayed
time, but that is a huge jump in 'normal time'.  Playback is at normal
speed, and I've checked the time stretch option is set at 1.0.  Old
recordings are OK, as are some new recordings.

It has just started in the last few days (I've been running 0.17 CVS
for about a week - packages based on mdz's debian packages).  I'm
running debian testing (with some unstable).  There are a few things
that changed on my system in the last few days:

   - I used aptitude to update all my debian packages.
   - I tried installing mythvideo and mythdvd, had a very brief play,
and then uninstalled them.
   - I accessed the sql database directly to turn off the mythweather
animated weather map.
   - I accessed the sql database directly to turn off commercial
flagging in all recordings.
   - I re-built all my myth packages from scratch with the latest CVS
(this was an attempt to solve the issue - it didn't).

   Unfortunately I did these all these in relatively quick succession
with only quick tests between - I don't know what caused the breakage.

   I noticed that other people have had similar problems (hence the
subject).  Was there a solution found?

Cheers,

Will        :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering

The lawyers at NICTA make me add the statement below.  Sigh.

This email and any attachments are confidential. They may contain
legally privileged information or copyright material. You should not
read, copy, use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not
an intended recipient, please contact us at once by return email and
then delete both messages. We do not accept liability in connection
with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised
access or unauthorised amendment. This notice should not be removed.