[mythtv-users] Big headaches trying to get LIRC working

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Sun Feb 27 18:57:07 UTC 2005

I have several Myth Boxes, and have done a bunch of installs, mainly
based around Jarod's HOWTO.

Currently I am trying to get a USB XP MCE receiver working on a front-
end only box.

I have everything installed, and the proper module loads when I plug in
the receiver.

The main problem is that /dev/lirc0 is not getting created, so nothing
works.

What do I need to do to get /dev/lirc0 created ? I even tried creating
it with mknod, but when I manually create it, things like irw and
irrecord seg fault.

Any help is appreciated...