[mythtv-users] mythweb file size limits

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sat Dec 31 16:40:23 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 09:15 -0800, Jonathan Tidmore wrote:

>         > The latest Apache, 2.2.0, supports files larger than 2
>         gigs.  All
>         > previous versions have a 2 gig file size limit.  Apache 2.2
>         came out a
>         > couple of weeks ago so you'll probably need to compile it
>         yourself.
>
>         Not entirely accurate.  Apache, as historically compiled by
>         Red Hat /
>         Fedora - has had its rpms built without largefile support
>         (>2GB).
>         That's not to say that it wasn't in the code...
>
>                 -I
>
> It's entirely accurate.  Apache has not supported large file sizes
> until 2.2.  Look at the New Features list for Apache 2.2:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html
>

> Large File Support
>         httpd is now built with support for files larger than 2GB on
>         modern 32-bit Unix systems. Support for handling >2GB request
>         bodies has also been added.

I see the statement, but I also see from a fresh download of httpd
2.0.55 that there is (at least partial) largefile support.  Not
necessarily recommended for all platforms, but it is there.  Check out
the CHANGES file... in this case though, they may have enabled it by
default for all platforms, which would indeed be a new thing.

  -I