[mythtv-users] Serious concerns about LiveTV Ringbuffer chang es - a Q for develo pers

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 15:29:11 EST 2005

On Thursday 29 December 2005 23:21, Robert Johnston wrote:
> On 12/29/05, Buechler, Mark R <Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com> wrote:
> > Yes, that would be optimal. My raid5 is on an HP SC10 with 5 Seagate
> > 181gig drives plugged into a Linux server acting as a SAN server to 7
> > initiators. That SAN server has roughly 2TB of raw storage hooked up to
> > it. Keep the server and all the storage on UPS takes many many batteries.
> > :)
>
> Sounds like someone wants to invest stock in APC, and invest in a
> diesel-powered genny...
> --
> Robert "Anaerin" Johnston

I'd still think it would be worth paying the $500 for a UPS for that system,
save yourself the hassle of a power outtage destroying some of those drives.
Happened to me once and thats why I use a UPS now =)

Speaking of APC... I might have a job interview with them next week... I don't
know how this helps, but having been unemployed for a few months I'm excited
=D

--
Steve