[mythtv-users] Choppy video and sound

Brett Swaim kf6zql at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 09:47:48 EST 2005

Hey everybody, I know this has been asked before and I've tried a bunch of
the previous fixes listed so I'm asking for myself.

MythTv records great, but playback in full screen (video and audio) is
choppy. If I exit mythtv and use mplayer that exact recording plays
perfectly, it only chops in mythfrontend. I have an nVidia FD5700 LE, 1 gig
of DDR, a 3 GHZ P4, and an SB Live audigy in this system. The hard drive is
a 160 gb SATA drive, 8mb buffer, 7200 RPM. I am running Gentoo with kernel
2.6 on a brand new (less than a week old) install.

any suggestions on how I can fix this? I also tried making myth (throught he
options in the front end in the playback section) use lib2mpg but that just
made everything slow and it was still a bit choppy. I have tried the NV and
the nvidia driver, I also have a sis 6315 that I put in and it did the exact
same thing with the sis drivers and vesa drivers.