[mythtv-users] nuvexport: Ok here Bad over there?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Dec 30 17:21:42 EST 2005

> Using the same .nuv file the on exported on
> the celeron is smooth,  The one exported on the
> p4 has occasional jerkeyness.  (obvious
> in the CNBC scroller across the bottom of
> the screen).  For something I want to time shift this is
> not a major annoyance, but for something I want
> to archive it is.

There appears to be some sort of problem when encoding files over
network shares.  I have *no* idea what it is, and it happens with both
ffmpeg and transcode for me (with or without --force_mythtranscode)

> In all other respects the SMP has caused me no
> problems.
>
> Is this a known issue?  Would turning off hyperthreading
> fix this?

hmm, now that's curious..  My networked box (my workstation) is also
SMP.  Never occurred to me that would be an issue.  Why not try it and
see if it makes a difference?  If that's the case, I can tweak the code
to disable the number-of-cpu's detection to see if using only one CPU
makes a difference, too.

-Chris