[mythtv-users] nuvexport: Ok here Bad over there?

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 17:13:39 EST 2005

I use nuvexport to convert to Xvid (using transcode) with
the same settings on two machines.

One is an older celeron 1.3ghz, the other a 3.0ghz P4.

The machines are running the same software load
(SuSE 9.3 Myth .18.1, etc), and nuvexport is using
the same settings on both machines,

Using the same .nuv file the on exported on
the celeron is smooth,  The one exported on the
p4 has occasional jerkeyness.  (obvious
in the CNBC scroller across the bottom of
the screen).  For something I want to time shift this is
not a major annoyance, but for something I want
to archive it is.

NOTE: This jerkyness is NOT in the recorded .nuv.
Thap plays fine.

The only obvious difference is that SuSE, in
its wisodm, decided to install the SMP kernel
in the P4 because it saw it as two processors.

In all other respects the SMP has caused me no
problems.

Is this a known issue?  Would turning off hyperthreading
fix this?