[mythtv-users] Important information concerning DataDirect's outage

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Dec 30 16:00:12 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 10:47:25AM -0600, Chad Jannusch wrote:
> Watch out with that though, because as right now, I still can't get any data
> from Zap2it (DirecTV - Champaign, IL), and mythfilldatabase seems to clear out
> everything else with the "correct" No data info. So you might end up loosing
> the data you already have.

Does it connect if you run the mythfilldatabase manually?

It occurred to me that they might be trying to "load balance" by simply
capping the number of simultaneous connections, so that those who are
still using the default connection times (and therefore swamping the
service at peak times while leaving it idle at other times) get served
on a lottery basis.  My mythfilldatabase runs at 3:05pm Eastern and has
NEVER MISSED A SINGLE DAY during all of the times people are reporting
Zap2It to be broken.  FWIW, the downloads happen faster if you avoid
the peak periods as well.

--
Joke template: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.