[mythtv-users] Myth2ipod status

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Fri Dec 30 08:44:26 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 12:05:24AM -0800, WiFi Fun wrote:
> Andrew,
> I just saw your post on the Myth User list.
> I have tried to email you back twice now. One it bounced, the other
> time I got no response.
>
> Anyway, if you get this what is the problems?
> I have had little time to do anything with it, and a few folks and
> myself who are using it have not had a problem. If you send me the
> bugs, I will see if I can post an update this weekend.

Email can be so weird.  I emailed you twice, and one bounced, and I
didn't get a response to the other.  Anyway, I'm overjoyed to hear from
you. :)

If you're swamped, I'd be happy to make a fix and send you a patch, but
I really wanted to talk to you before doing anything.  Here are the two
problems:

1) If an episode name contains an apostrophe or a quotation mark, the
ffmpeg commands get confused because the punctuation isn't escaped.  I'm
guessing all weird punctuation should probably just be stripped.

2) If two copies of myth2ipod run concurrently, they dump to the same
file in /tmp, so the slower of the two invariably fails.  I think adding
a $$ somewhere in the filename should fix that.

Thanks for everything.  Hopefully all of the email problems are over
now. :)

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/