[mythtv-users] Myth2ipod status

Lee Mitchell lee at spamtastic.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 05:03:19 EST 2005

I'm using it, but had to hack it about due to a problem i've had with
DVB recordings.

For some reason on certain programs, there appear to be 2 audio tracks,
and myth2ipod doesn't work out which one is the valid track to use, and
so I was getting encoded video but either none, or the wrong audio
occasionally.

I modified the script to transcode programs to 2 seperate files, one for
each audio track. Later on, I manually look to se which one had the
correct audio in it, and delete the bad file. It works for me but its a
bit of a pain to have to go looking through the recordings to pick the
bad ones out.

I did look at using nuvexport, but for some reason it just bombs out as
soon as I try and export any shows. Not had time to find out why yet.

Also it fails on shows with a ' in the title.

Still, its very useful and much appreciated !

Best Regards

Lee