[mythtv-users] Mythweather and news don't work?

Patrick Beard p.beard at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 11:15:49 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to get the news and weather plugins working on my Ubuntu
breezy box.

If I go to a news feed I get 'failed to retrieve news' and with the
weather plugin I just get timeouts while retrieving.

The versions are;

mythnews 0.18.1
mythweather 0.18.1

It would seem to be a connection problem. I have shorewall, squid and
dansguardian installed on this system. Shorewall and squid are
configured to act as a transparent proxy.
Looking through the logs I can't see anything being blocked, but I can't
see any of the requests either in the squid log. Its like myth isn't
sending any requests.
If I paste one of the news feeds urls into a browser then I can see the
feed.

Has anyone any ideas?

--
Patrick