[mythtv-users] Remapping channels

Jonathan Tidmore jtidmore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 01:03:02 EST 2005

On 12/28/05, Roland Roberts <roland at astrofoto.org> wrote:

>     Chris> On 12/28/05, Roland Roberts <roland at astrofoto.org> wrote:
>
>     >> I'm using mythfilldatabase to populate the database from
>     >> datadirect.  But right now, I've got my PVR-500 plugged directly
>     >> into the cable *without* the set-top box.  This means I only get
>     >> the non-encrypted channels but it also means both tuners can
>     >> operate simultaneously.  Unfortunately, it also means that all
>     >> the channels are not where datadirect says they are....
>     >>
>     >> Is there a way to change the channel mappings so the program
>     >> guide matches what I'm seeing?
>
>     Chris> When you set up you Zap2It lineup, there is a screen that
>     Chris> gives you the option to select/deselect individual channels
>     Chris> in your lineup.
>
>     Chris> It sounds like you need 2 separate lineups defined, one for
>     Chris> digital cable and one for analog cable.  Define the two
>     Chris> lineups at Zap2It, then run mythtvsetup and assign the
>     Chris> appropriate lineup to each tuner.
>
> Uhm, no.  I don't think so.  The two tuners are onboard the PVR-500,
> internally, no digital vs analog, this is all analog.  And the issue
> isn't two different line-ups for the two tuners.
>
> My local cable provider apparently remaps the channels inside their
> set-top box.

Yeah, cable into a set-top box decrypts the digital cable so your TV can
view it.  If you don't use the set-top box, then only analog channels are
available.  Every major cable company has different channel layouts for
digital than analog.  The problem IS that you have the wrong channel lineup
setup for your setup.  If you are not using digital, then change your zap2it
settings to your cable company's analog lineup.  Chris' answer is correct.
-J